The structure of the General office of Scientific Association and Olympiad Affairs of Amirkabir University of technology
A review on the most important tasks of the General Office of Scientific Association and Olympiad Affairs of Amirkabir University of Technology
1. Implementing of the policy presented in the direction of scientific and student associations.
2. Supervision on the good performance of the associations and the execution of the related rules and regulations.
3. Planning and providing the facilities needed to achieve the associations purposes.
4. Supervision on the method of resources supply and costs expenditure.
5. Decision making in the matters of extreme events and issues related to the scientific and student associations.
6. Supervision on the good performance of the scientific publications and planning on the supply of their required facilities.
7. Supervision on the performance of the Education and Extracurricular Office, Ideas, Innovation and Technology Center and the Scientific Student Olympiad Center.
8. Review and study of the statute and administrative laws proposed by the heads of Education and Extracurricular Office, Ideas ,Innovation and Technology Center and the Scientific Student Olympiad Center, the teachers council and proceedings to the ratification of the approved administrative rules.
9. Anticipation of the needs and management in the direction of the associations and scientific student organizations for the purpose of holding Olympiads and their relevant preparation classes .
10. Coordination with the scientific and student associations of other universities for the purpose of upgrading the scientific and cultural level of the university.
11. Making an effective connection between the research centers and the offices for industry links for the purpose of upgrading the efficiency of the associations.
12. Scientific fault recognition and trying to motivate the students to scientific matters.
13. Collecting information and presenting periodic reports to the statistics group and the relevant subdivisions.
Education and Extracurricular Office
1. Preparing the necessary grounds for the expression of the talents and stimulating the scientific creativity of the students .
2. Development and supervision on the organized execution of educational and scientific extracurricular activities by the students including:
• Holding scientific and industrial visits .
• Holding seminars and specialized group discussion.
• Holding classes and educational extracurricular workshops.
• Forming a software database.
• Publishing the scientific-specialized publications.
• Holding or participating in specialized exhibitions.
• Providing a database of class notes and educational films related to the academic fields
3. Elevating the participation level and inviting the students to scientific activities and supporting the educational and research connection with the professors.
4. supplementation and writing of the administrative rules and regulations of the committees and programs related to educational and extra-curricular topics of the scientific associations .
5. Organizing scientific, educational and extracurricular activities by means of compiling administrative rules and the relevant forms.
6. Making an effort to collect financial resources required by the students for the purpose of holding educational and extracurricular programs.
7. Utilizing the scientific power of students in order to bond the university with various scientific associations in the national and international levels.
8. Recognizing the elite students and utilizing their participation in upgrading the research and scientific atmosphere of the educational and extracurricular activities.
9. Organizing the steps of sending teams to domestic and international contests.
10. recognition of the national and international contests related to the fields and majors of the university
11. Making preparations for the purpose of holding national domestic and international contests by the university.
12. Making preparations for the purpose of holding festivals and scientific weeks at the university.
13. Documenting all the education and extracurricular activities of the students.
The main responsibilities:
1. Organizing and coordinating in holding the policy making council, executive, and scientific committee meeting and inviting the members for the purpose of participation in the related meetings.
2. Collecting and providing of all the necessary information and investigating and responding to the proposed offers from the faculties and announcing them in the scientific committee meetings.
3. Providing a general suggestion about all the regulations related to the student scientific Olympiads, which includes the numbers of the academic fields and other regulations, specified about the competition participants.
4. Providing and organizing the meeting agenda and the necessary reports for the purpose of investigating and decision making in the related meetings.
5. Investigating in the fields of replacing and new methods and better approaches of recognizing and choosing the hidden talented and elite students
6. Providing and organizing a persuasive plan for the holders of student Olympiads and announcing them in the related meetings
7. receiving the names of the accepted students in various fields of science Olympiad Committee and announcing them to the public
8. Taking measures in holding honoring ceremony and gifts and awards providing and inviting visiting participants the related meeting for honoring the selected students with the cooperation of the public relation and presidential office.
9. Take the necessary measures to hold Olympiad camps with the cooperation of Faculties and other academic units.
10. Complete supervision on the exact execution of the regulations corresponding to this center by the related sections.
According to the fact that the authorities of the Student- scientific Olympiads of each department is a member of the scientific board of that department and also according to the importance and the need of this center to be managed by a scientific status for communication with relevant centers of the ministry of science and other universities, It is necessary for the head of this department to be assigned from one of the professors of the university .
Ideas, Innovation and Technology Center
A) Committee of Ideation
The main responsibilities:
1. Creating the necessary environment to express new ideas, creative thinking and innovative culture
2. Holding liberal thinking meetings in national and academic levels.
3. Organizing and making the debates and discussions more scientific.
4. Using the capacities of other scientific and educational centers in holding liberal thinking meetings
5. Active participation and creating competition between student groups in holding liberal thinking meetings
6. Directing the liberal thinking meetings to the promotion of quality and enthusiasm in the university atmosphere.
B) Research and Industrial Relations Committee
The main responsibilities:
1 )Doing promotion -cultural activities, including:
Providing proper grounds for holding entrepreneurship conferences
Participating in exhibitions and conferences related to entrepreneurship
Providing proper grounds for holding professional entrepreneurship conferences
Providing proper grounds for holding training courses and educational visits to introduce industrial centers
2 ) Communication with the important industrial-scientific centers of the country.
Providing proper grounds for holding scientific-industrial visits for the scientific associations.
Attracting financial resources to support scientific associations and entrepreneurs
Providing proper grounds for attracting research projects from industries
3 - Organizing and supervising the adoption and implementation of student research projects.
4 - scientific and financial support of student entrepreneurs.
5 - Supporting entrepreneurial plans and ideas as student loans
6 - Preparing administrative regulations related to research topics and relation with the industry.
C) Committee of Scientific cores
The main responsibilities:
1 - Trying to set up and strengthen the academic and research cores.
2 - Trying to set up and strengthen the academic cores between faculties.
3- Preparing administrative regulations related to academic cores between faculties.
According to the fact that this center has an important role in communication with research and industrial centers and also according to the need of management of this department by a professional for planning and also approving the presented projects by the students , It is necessary for the head of this department to be assigned from one of the professors of the university